Snow Tiger: things to know
Snow Tiger, we all have heard this name so many times. This is known to be the pigmentation variant of the Bengal tiger. Snow Tiger is also termed as the glitter tiger. This is somewhere reported in the states of Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, and Assam. In the Sundarban region, especially and in the former state of Rewa, these are known to be found. The Snow Tiger is somewhat different from the Bengal tiger in colour only. These tigers have black strips and carry a white or near-white coat.
The white tiger is known to be the rarest form with are unique gene inherited from its parents. Due to the presence of this gene, the tiger is known to be white in colour. When it comes to looking at the result which is produced by the parents, it is necessary that two parents must possess a recessive gene. When the parents having the recessive gene are breeding with each other then only the colour of the fur will be white.
It is also to be known that when it comes to looking at the population of these Snow Tiger, presently, they are nowhere in the world. The Tiger usually live in captivity and are known to be found in the wild in India only. The last Tiger was captured in 1950. And it is to be known that the ones which are available here are known to be born from this single Tiger only.The one having the recessive gene is known to be promoting this population to an extent.
Classification of Snow Tiger :
If you wish to know more about these tigers, then hear some basic facts about Snow Tiger that are mentioned, which will definitely fascinate you.
- These white tigers are not separate subspecies. Also, they are not the royal white tigers as well. They are known to be the Snow Tiger just because of their colour. There is no specific distinction considering two characteristics they are having. They are the Tigers, which simply born with white fur.
- These Snow Tiger adapt the white furs because of the rare genetic mutation. It is to be known that one in 10,000 wild tigers get this rare genetic mutation. And the one who got the same is termed under the category of Snow Tiger.
- When it comes to looking at the normal Tiger behaviour, In the Wild, it prevents inbreeding. This breeding is known to be the reason why the white cabs produced.
- White tigers are known to be the best one when one wants to see the high neonatal mortality rate. They are known to exceed 80% neonatal mortality rate these days. And the result has been shown by the captive breeding of White Tigers.
- If one is forcefully letting these tigers inbreed, then they need to do inbreeding multiple times so that they can get to the one perfect white tiger.
- When it comes to looking at the average number of cubs born and are known to be healthy white tiger cubs, then these are 1 in 30. Rest of the ones is typically born deformed. They are known to be the ones who do not have the same colour, and also they die shortly due to genetic effects.
- The Last Time when the Tiger get shot in 1958. After the same no, such cases have been considered and reported.
- The white tigers are going towards extinction as well. Therefore it is important that they are going for inbreeding processes artificially.
- The Snow Tiger cubs cost very high in earlier times as well. If one wants to buy this, then it is a must. They are paying a very high amount for the same. But due to the introduction of so many breeders, the price has dropped drastically. They are not known to be that much value these days.
- The lifespan of a white tiger is 10 to 20 years. And in various cases, there might be changes due to the inheritance of recessive characters they die after their birth only.
- These white tigers are known to possess the top speed of 96 kilometres per hour.
- When it comes to looking at the shoulder height of White Tiger it is about 80 to 110 cms.
- The weight of an adult white male tiger is around 190-260 kilograms and the weight of a female tiger is around 158 kilograms.
- In comparison to orange Bengal tigers, these tigers are bigger in size at the time of birth and in adult food as well.
- These tigers get mature early. At the age of 2 or 3 years, these tigers are fully grown.
And many other features are there which are linked to these Snow Tiger. Now also some of the researches are going on conceiving to these wise tigers and scientist are looking forward to preserving them in any manner. If one wants to contribute towards the same they can also get in touch with the researchers and let them know about it. It is also important to preserve them because if the same happened then it will become difficult for the future generation to see them.
It is also a must that humans are also being considered for wildlife. Due to some human activities as well, these tigers are in danger. Therefore it is necessary that when one is looking forward to contributing to wildlife, they are contributing it in an efficient manner. In case they are looking forward to contributing to our life, but they are not doing the same exactly, then it will harm the wildlife unnecessarily, and the results are thrown out to be bad ones. Therefore it is necessary if humans are looking forward to taking the steps they are taking it with a lot of consideration.
These are known to be few facts and things that are related to these Snow Tiger. If you wish to know more about them and you have any queries considered to them, then let us know in the comment section below. We will try to get back to you with an answer and also will help you to know about the things more appropriately.
Learn about Down Syndrome Tiger